"The greatest key to success is action." -Aristotle

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Start Today

"A year from now you will wish you had started today"

I'm a big fan of following your gut, but then again, why don't I do it most of the time?  Take writing for example.  Most of the ideas I have, I've had since before I was even married.  We're talking holding on to ideas in my head for more than 5 years here folks.  Not good.  I sit here now, more busy in life than ever before, but determined to carve out time to pursue my dream of publishing and being a freelancer...a dream that I wish I would have started more than 5 years ago.

It's too easy to live in the land of 'someday.'  If you think about it, there are a lot of truly amazing things that are going to happen in that mythical place.  Someday I'll organize the closet...someday I'll get to England...someday I'll publish that first book...someday I'll run a marathon.  Someday sounds pretty amazing, but, for most of us, someday never comes.  That's sad. 

Do you know that 70% of people who  have a goal to write a book one day never even try?  (and that's sad too, because there are 30% of them who try and the majority never get published either...but they tried!).

What's your 'someday'?  Are you waiting until work gets better to spend time with your kids?  Because the time is now.  Do you have some outlandish dream that seems unreachable - start taking steps towards it.  Always wanted to go to Australia but coming up with that money seems insane?  Put aside a dollar a day until you have enough - START.  Frustrated with extra weight, turn off the television, step back from the computer screen, and go for a walk every day for the next month and see how it goes.  Don't pine away wishing life was different - do something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment